We collect information during the visit and order/quote procedure on our site.
What we collect and store
During your visit on our site, we track
- Products you’ve seen: we use them to, for example, display products you’ve recently seen and others similar you may also like
- Location, IP address and browser type: we use them to estimate taxes and shipping costs
- Delivery address: To estimate the delivery costs before you place an order, and to send you the quote / order
When you ask for quotes on our website, we will ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, delivery address, e-mail address, telephone number. We need this for the following
- Send you information about your account and orders
- Respond to requests, including quotes, refunds and complaints
- Payment processing and fraud prevention
- Set up your account for our eStore
- Comply with any legal obligation, such as the calculation of taxes
- Improve the offers of our shop
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive
If you create an account, we store your name, address, email, and phone number, which will be used to pre-fill order confirmation for future orders.
We usually store your information for as long as we need it for the purpose for which we collect it and use it, and we are not legally obliged to continue to retain it. For example, we store order information for 5 years for taxes and accounting. This includes your name, email address and billing and delivery addresses.
We also store comments or reviews, if you choose to send them.
Who from our team has access to the data.
Our team members have access to the information you provide us. For example, store administrators and managers have access to:
- Order information such as what was purchased, when and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information such as your name, e-mail address, and billing and delivery information.
Our team has access to this information to process orders, make refunds and help you.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
470 Chemin de la Grande-Côte, Rosemère, QC, J7A 3M2, Canada